This week at Star Paws HQ we’ve had a doggy birthday. Our lovely team member, Posey, turned seven. So what better way to celebrate and spoil your canine best friend than with a birthday cake. Follow the recipe below for a doggy birthday treat.
350g plain flour
15g baking powder
150g jar of Chicken Sunday Lunch flavoured Cow & Gate Baby Food
1 x 150g pot of Yeo Valley Natural Yogurt
1 x 150g tube of Primula Original Cream Cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c and grease and flour either a cake tin or loaf tin, depending on how you want to bake your cake.
2. In a small bowl mix together your plain flour and baking powder and set to one side.
3. Beat together your eggs in a cup or small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, cream your butter till soft and then add in your eggs and mix until well blended.
5. Add your jar of baby food to your butter and egg mixture and then blend together.
6. Gradually add your flour mixture until all is well mixed together.
7. Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin and place in the over for 45 – 60 minutes or until cooked. (Stick a skewer in the centre of the cake, if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked, if it has mixture on it then cook for longer).
8. Take cake out of the oven and out of tin and leave on a cooling rack to cool down.
Once cake is cooled you can either serve as just a slice of sponge cake for your dogs birthday, if you have lots left over try cutting it up into small sections and use it as treats for the week or goody bags for your canines friends. (This makes a large cake so don’t give your dog all the cake at once).
9. If you want to add a topping to make your cake extra special then mix together your pot of yogurt and tube of cream cheese together in a small bowl and then pour over the top of your cake to finish off.
For even more toppings you could add a sprinkling of chopped up bacon on top of your yogurt cheese mix.
Serve up and watch your dog enjoy their birthday treat.